I have decided walking at 5:45a.m is the best time for me to get my exercising in. I do roughly 2 miles in under half an hour so I feel pretty good getting that into my morning, first thing. I am a morning person so scheduling exercise first thing is best--that way 'life's distractions' are still sleeping. :)
My writing is going well. I've finished two chapters in the past two days. I managed to get in a total of just over 3,000 words yesterday, do some editing, and read a bit--and still have dinner on the table when my oldest daughter came home from work.
Here is what I have for a plan so far:
- Waking up at 5:30 a.m. for 5:45 power walk. Make bed and pick up dirty clothes before heading out. (Back at 6:30a.m.) and first glass of water.
- Breakfast, coffee and getting everyone up (due soon with youngest getting ready for Junior year of high school).
- A quick brain game (I do crosswords, suduko, etc.) Cup of coffee #2.
- Toss in a load of laundry and take shower. Go over any paperwork, quick cleaning of kitchen, etc. (minor cleaning--helps keep major cleaning down to a minimum).
- Run errands (this is usually right around 9 a.m. so most places are open and it's first thing.)
- By the time I return I grab a mid morning snack (apple and peanut butter are a favorite) and another glass of water--I love the new Mio flavor enhancers to add to a bottle or a glass of water. Check laundry.
- I sit down and go over edits, blog, check emails, tweet, etc.
- Now it is usually around noon. I sit down and try to do a goal settting plan with a good friend of mine. She's got me into a 1k1h (1,000 words in 1hour goal) challenge.
- At 1:00 I stop for lunch, catch up with laundry and a bit more housework and another glass of water.
- Around 2:00 I try for another 1k1h before I have to prepare for my DH to return (if he's not away on business), or I have a few more minutes to work on goals.
- By 5:00p.m though--it's family time. Dinner, conversation, quality time, television, etc.