Monday, August 1, 2011

God, Weight Watchers and Me--Count Down/ 7 Days

No one can do it alone--especially not me!  I need friends, family and that size 10 pair of jeans in my closet I once fit into, to motivate me.

So this morning I asked for a higher power to help me--that's right God and Weight Watchers.  I'm going to see how the on-line system helps me. (They had a special going this week only.)  With my crazy schedule (trying to find time to fit life,writing and staying healthy all into a day) every little bit helps.

This is my personal status and I'm not trying to promote any one plan for anyone out there.  Please, remember before you start any exercise/health changes to contact your doctor to see what is right for you.  The goals we are setting are not any one kind--this program is just set up to share in our own personal motivational routines of finding the balance between our goals as a writer and those of staying healthy for us and our loved ones.

Can you imagine how wonderful it will be to have the energy and endurance to finish that future RITA novel or NYT's Best Seller?   And when we walk across the stage to receive our awards--hey we will be that curvy woman in the red dress!  Ohhh yeah! :)

I'm still looking for ideas, recipes (especially quick and easy ones) and any information you would like to share that pertains to "Writing Healthy" for daily blogs.  Anyone who would like to post or possibly be interviewed (I've never had an interview on my blog!) please, let me know this week for upcoming blog days.  I will try to have a daily blog (so the more the merrier) but if not we will have at least three posts a week.

Good luck and remember--7 days from now we will actually begin. (But if you are already in the swing of things--great job!  Keep it up!)

Hugs and Healthy Writing!  :)

2 comments:

  1. My best suggestion is chicken breasts, rice and broccoli but that gets real old, real quick.

    One of the family's favorite meals is a healthy hearty potato soup: Put 6 potatoes diced, 6 stalks of celery diced and 2 carrots sliced into 2 quarts of water in a large pot. Boil until tender. Remove veggies but save broth. In 6 tablespoons of butter (or you can use olive oil or whatever fat you want), brown one small onion (chopped) and 3 cloves of garlic. Add 6 tablespoons of flour. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of skim milk. Add back in veggies then add in broth to get desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Adapted from a recipe in So Fat, Low Fat, No Fat by Betty Rohde)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I love potato soup. This sounds like a recipe I could make up for the week.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete